DevOps has evolved big time from a buzzword and has captured a substantial position in IT. Today’s enterprise applications are not simply released, developers do not receive real-time feedback on their code because of no collaboration between the teams. Enterprise spends more time testing, deploying and releasing software than designing and building it.
Businesses across the world are adopting DevOps and integrating it in their software development process. DevOps simplifies building, testing, and releasing software/application. It focusses on bringing Development and Operation teams together and streamlines communication while automating the software delivery process and infrastructure changes.
DevOps brings stability and allows faster deployments with minimal risk of failures.
DevOps focuses on:
- Continuous planning:Identify business needs, outcome, and resources.
- Collaborative development:Development and programming.
- Continuous testing:Unit, functional and integration testing.
- Continuous deployment:A CD pipeline to implement code review.
- Continuous monitoring:Check changes, rectify errors when they happen.
- Customer feedback: Immediate response from your customers for your product
Prior to DevOps, the development team and operations team use to work in silos where they remained unaware of project activities that led to problems like:
- Lack of collaboration
- Low productivity
- High Failure rate
- Increased infrastructure spends
- Inconsistent Standards
- Slow code deployments
- Difficulties in tracking changes
Enterprises are adopting DevOps and Agile to deliver solutions with speed and agility. Introduction of DevOps in the industries has led to better software development and delivery. Enterprises are adopting DevOps to reap benefits like:
- Reduced costs on development, testing, and operations
- Reduced time-to-market
- Improved quality and performance of applications
- Increased collaboration between departments
- Reduction in time spent fixing and maintaining applications
- Increased Revenue
Organizations face difficulties in implementing DevOps and bringing teams together, integrating their respective tools and work cultures.
DevOps practices have been part of Sofbang methodology for over 15 years, our team has expertise in implementing DevOps strategies for our clients. We help automate all aspects of continuously integrating and delivering business ideas using an agile approach and DevOps in tandem to remove the barrier between development and operational teams, reducing application backlogs and accelerating delivery. The team assess requirements, evaluate and compare different tools to determine what will be the most sustainable for our customers in the long run.
We use different tools to automate the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline. Our team is experienced in using tools like Maven for build automation, compiling the source code and running tests, Jenkins for continuous integration, Chef for continuous provisioning and management and SonarQube for inspecting code quality and perform automatic reviews to find bugs.
Organizations are achieving great results through DevOps. Contact us for complete assistance on your DevOps needs.