Read anytime, anywhere
ERP Modernizationand Optimization
Walsh Construction Company is a Chicago-based general contracting, construction management, and design-build firm. Walsh is recognized as the largest construction firm in Chicago according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Sofbang helped Walsh with an entire ERP modernization and optimization initiative, lowering operational costs and enhancing productivity.
Walsh was in the midst of upgrading their ERP, which also required an Oracle application infrastructure migration. Sofbang helped Walsh migrate their ERP from Oracle iAS to Oracle WebLogic 11g.
Walsh faced some of the following challenges:
Short Timeline: An aggressive up-grade timeline, due to the ERP software’s end of life
Globalization: Impending higher domestic and global usage
Optimization requirements to maximize their ERP investments
Scalability requirements to utilize the full potential of the application infrastructure
Need to Capture vital operational metrics and performance analytics
Critical Security: Security requirements to solve known performance, security & scalability issues with respect to database, middleware, infrastructure, single sign-on and password synchronization.
Sofbang used its Application Planning and Migration Methodology (APMM), asa service that aimed to uncover all the complexities involved with the ERP upgrade and application migration.
Our approach was to work with Walsh through these challenges and come up with a solution that works and is scalable for future growth.
With our analysis and conclusive recommendations, Sofbang was able to implement and enforce optimized application behavior, both fro man application performance stand point as well as an infrastructure perspective, including enhanced load balancing and streamlined SSL communications.
Execution of our methodology ensured that we took into account an anticipation of the potential, unforeseen issues ahead of time. Sofbang was able to correct unwanted application behavior and establish appropriate monitors in place to proactively handle them.
Sofbang’s migration methodology helped Walsh successfully migrate their ERP application environment to a more stable, scalable and optimized application architecture.
The MetraNet application was customized for use by the airport and implemented in a hosted system. Sofbang participated in the development of the interface between the hosted MetraNet application and the client Oracle AR financial system. Because of Sofbang’s ability to bridge the gap between business and technology, the client comptroller requested that Sofbang serve as their technical interface to MetraTech during the implementation process.
The following benefits were realized by the project:
- Lower Operational Costs:The newly upgraded ERP has resulted in improved performance and application stability
- Quicker Response: Reporting tasks, response times have improved with clear visibility and detailed analytics
- Enhanced Productivity: With improved application stability, Walsh can now focus on enhanced user functionality, rather than operational costs
- Preparedness & Analysis: The proactive monitoring put in place by our team has helped Walsh identify and quickly prevent larger problems and application behavior issues
- Successful Completion: Sofbang helped Walsh migrate successfully on-time & in budget
- Sofbang helped Walsh build a robust application platform that can be used today, as well as into the future, as business needs change over time.