Read anytime, anywhere
ERP Modernization and Optimization
Walsh Construction Company is a Chicago-based general contracting, construction management, and design-build firm. Walsh is recognized as the largest construction firm in Chicago according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Sofbang helped Walsh with an entire ERP modernization and optimization initiative, lowering operational costs and enhancing productivity.
Walsh was in the midst of upgrading their ERP, which also required upgrading to a secure cloud platform. Sofbang helped Walsh migrate their ERP while also strengthening its infrastructure and core functionality.
Walsh faced some of the following challenges:
Short Timeline: An aggressive up-grade timeline, due to the ERP software’s phase-out
Globalization: Impending higher domestic and global usage Optimization requirements to maximize their ERP investments
Scalability requirements to utilize the full potential of the application infrastructure
Need to Capture vital operational metrics and performance analytics
Critical Security: Security requirements to solve known performance, security & scalability issues with respect to database, middleware, infrastructure, single sign-on and password synchronization.
Sofbang used its Application Planning and Migration Methodology (APMM), as a service to uncover all the complexities involved with the ERP upgrade and application migration. Our approach was to work with Walsh through these challenges and come up with a solution that works and is scalable for future growth. With our analysis and conclusive recommendations, Sofbang was able to implement and enforce optimized application behavior, both from an application performance standpoint as well as an infrastructure perspective, including enhanced load balancing and streamlined SSL communications.
Execution of our methodology ensured that we took into account an anticipation of the potential unforeseen issues ahead of time. Sofbang was able to correct unwanted application behavior and establish appropriate monitors in place to proactively handle them.
Sofbang’s migration methodology helped Walsh successfully migrate their ERP application environment to a more stable, scalable and optimized application architecture.
- Lower Operational Costs: The newly upgraded ERP has resulted in improved performance and application stability
- Quicker Response: Reporting tasks, response times have improved with clear visibility and detailed analytics
- Enhanced Productivity: With improved application stability, Walsh can now focus on enhanced user functionality, rather than operational costs
- Preparedness & Analysis: The proactive monitoring put in place by our team has helped Walsh identify and quickly prevent larger problems and application behavior issuesv
- Successful Completion: Sofbang helped Walsh migrate successfully on-time & in budget.
- Sofbang helped Walsh build a robust application platform that can be used today, as well as into the future, as business needs change over time.