Read anytime, anywhere - Mobility
“Mobile technology has enabled today’s workforce to work and operate beyond the confines of the traditional four-walled office space.”
Mobility is transforming the field service industry. With the use of mobile technologies, organizations are better positioned to reduce costs, raise productivity, and generate revenue while influencing brand perception, delivering superior service, and meeting customer demands. Research suggest, there are six innate advantages of workplace mobility, these include; increased collaboration, improved flexibility, enhanced communication, a tailored user experience, reduced talent churn and increased revenue potential.
A large Fortune 500 customer of Sofbang was expanding their existing Oracle footprint by enhancing their Field Service automation; which empowers the field service technicians to work effectively in the field and report in real-time. Although standard processes were in place their application still lacked various functionalities. The customer was dealing with:
- Usability issues that could reduce user adoption
- No automation in remote areas
- Lack of mobility platform
- Lack of Cloud vision
- Lacking a clean look and feel
The goal was to help our customer provide an assessment, recommendation and roadmap for their current field service mobile application to optimize the mobile app user expert The goal was to help our customer provide an assessment, recommendation and roadmap for their current field service mobile application to optimize the mobile app user experience and provide a direction for their enterprise mobile strategy.
Sofbang took over in light, developing the field service mobile application with a more-improved user experience. Sofbang also improved the customers current architecture by leveraging Oracle MCS platform featuring; Storage, for better integration with backend applications; Adjusted mobile application source code, allowing better language management; Labels and languages development in MCS, which can be updated through the administrative portal and synced into the mobile application, to be displayed in multi-languages subsequently optimizing their business processes.
Sofbang uses the Oracle Mobile Cloud Service (MCS) to provide the platform security, analytics, tools and applications for a robust mobile backend as a service (MBaaS) solution.
- Switched from paper-based manual workflows to digital
- Improved customer experience
- Improved IT efficiency and value, PaaS speeds application deployment
- 20% reduction in time for field service debriefs
- Oracle platform reduces the amount of support needed for the applications and services
- 82% state mobility is a strategic initiative
- Top strategic action in business is data integration between the field and back office system
- Extending Oracle Service Cloud with Mobility
- Simplifying the Field Service Automation Experience
- Mobilize asset-centric or paper-intensive tasks
- Increasing speed, efficiency and visibility
- Increase productivity and reduce errors