These days we have a mobile workforce, mobile clientele and mobile business partners. Everyone is looking for a mobile application. As a business manager, what I want are mobile business solutions. Yes, maybe mobile applications are a part of the solution, but they may not meet the needs of a mobile business solution. When it comes to mobile, a total business solution needs to address these key questions:
- Is my solution simple and easy to use on my mobile device?
- Does it use my mobile limited screen view efficiently?
- Is it structured to take me from beginning to end of the workflow without going from one application to another?
- Are data fields pre-populated to minimize data entry?
- Can I use my mobile business solution when I am not connected to the Internet?
- Does it allow me to use the native capability of my mobile device (Camera, GPS, etc.)?
- Is the data secure both on my mobile device and during data exchange?
To address these questions consistently for all of my mobile business solutions, my organization needs to have an enterprise mobile strategy. It is not enough to simply take my enterprise applications and expose them on a mobile web browser using responsive design. In some cases, this may be okay, but in many cases it falls short of the total mobile business solution needs. Here is what an enterprise mobile strategy should answer from the previous questions:
- Keep it simple, to the point, with only information needed, when it is needed.
- Use mobile design techniques that optimize screen viewing real estate.
- Design for enterprise integration to seamlessly flow between the main business applications.
- Prepopulate data fields to minimize data entry.
- Use native memory storage to keep key information and allow for data synchronization.
- Take advantage of mobile capabilities such as camera and GPS.
- Use a mobile platform that has the inherent security built in and know how to configure it properly.
As an Oracle Platinum Partner, Sofbang knows how to address each of these areas and can help you in devising an enterprise mobile strategy that can meet your mobile business solution needs. Sofbang Mobile Needs Assessment to help you put in place an enterprise mobile strategy that will meet the needs of your mobile business solutions.